Dear Students, Parents and Community
Education is the business of producing successful global citizens. At AIC we cherish the opportunity to teach young minds, mould their personalities and mentor them towards success in this life and the next.
We aim to give every student in our care the very best education, in order to prepare them for life beyond school. An integral part of that education is to encourage our students and teachers to become life-long learners. We aspire to be a ‘Learning Community’ which encourages staff, students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and learning.
At AIC Dianella, our students mean the world to us. We encourage them to push boundaries, experiment, debate, strive for personal bests, embrace opportunities, overcome obstacles and grow as individuals.
Our single gender high school allows our girls to have greater self-confidence and to build a self-esteem which is grounded in self-awareness rather than in image.
Our staff are highly professional. To them teaching is not just a job. It is their vocation. They know how important good relationships are in a school and how education is based on a strong partnership between the School and the home. At AIC Dianella we welcome and encourage open and positive communication with parents.
I take this opportunity to warmly welcome you to visit our School by contacting us, and discover firsthand what makes AIC Dianella so special.
May Allah bless you with the best of both worlds.
Ustadh Wahaj Tarin
Australian Islamic College – Dianella
Staff at AIC Dianella Campus
Our highly qualified teachers are passionate and enthusiastic educators who inspire our girls to achieve outstanding results not only in the curriculum based assessments but also in additional academic, sports, cultural, environment and leadership programs.
Parents and Friends
AIC Dianella Campus – Parents & Friends
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu
Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings
The ‘Parents & Friends’ is open to all parents and friends of the Australian Islamic College Dianella Campus community.
P&F meetings are a great place to find out what is happening in the school, gain a better understanding about school policies and activities, make a comment, raise a concern or ask a question, and get to know other parents in our school community.
At AIC Dianella Campus, the P&F and the school have a very close and positive relationship. The P&F is one avenue you may like to explore to support the school in making AIC Dianella Campus an even better place for your children and our students.
At AIC Dianella Campus the aim of P & F is to:
- Connect with each other socially and with the school
- Contribute to their children school activities
- Create opportunities to get together and be involved in the school community
- Build and strengthen community spirit and enhance communication within our family involvement in the AIC School community.
- Exchange ideas on current issues
- Give back through volunteering time and expertise
- Promote a positive learning and social environment;
- Act as a liaison between the school and parents;
- Support Class Representatives;
- Provide a forum for parents to find out what is happening and what is planned for the school;
- Raise funds to provide services, facilities and equipment for the school;
- Support school services including the Uniform shop, School canteen and school vegetable garden
- Supporting school graduation
- Provide support and advice to the Principal and Executive team;
Any parent/carer is welcome to participate as a member of the P&F. Nominations take place annually at the P&F Annual General Meeting. All parents, staff and any other members of the school community are welcome to attend the meetings.
Parents can come to the classroom to assist with activities like reading, art, Physical Education and many other things. Parents can involve in the curriculum and learning and teaching at the school by
- participation in discussions about these areas
- attending parent information sessions organised by the school
- attending parents meeting held once per term
- individual appointment with the teachers
- attending workshops e.g. social media, better parenting, managing challenging children etc. by external speakers organised by school.
Parents can share this information with the whole school community and can build on this by asking those parents who have little or no involvement to get involved in one of these areas and thereby building a school community that is active and involved.
News and events
Our school is a very busy and dynamic place of learning and activities. The school annual events are: (dates to be advised later)
- ICAS in Computing Skills, Science, English, Spelling, Writing and Maths
- ACER Diagnostic Testing
- Mid-term and End-of-term Testing, Student Portfolio and Semester Reports
- Harmony Day Celebration
- Eid Celebration
- Literacy and Numeracy Week
- Quran & Islamic Studies Competition
- School Breakfast for students
- Sport carnivals
- Extra-curricular activities – during and after school
- Swimming lessons
- Class Assembly Presentations
- Seerah Week
- Graduation Ceremonies
- Kindy Orientation Day
- Pre-Primary Information Session
- Excursions and Incursions
- Fundraising Activities