STUDENT WELL BEING AND COUNSELLING SERVICE
A professional Islamic team work with the Principal, Deputy Principals and Year Coordinators to provide a wide range of student well being support in areas of:
- Personal development
- Anti-harrasment and anti-bullying education
- Emotional well being
- Drug Education
- Safe and ethical use of Social media
Counselling is generally conducted by referral from the Coordinators, Deputy Principals or the Principal on a one-on-one basis with follow-up sessions also available. Students can also ask to see the Counsellor or parents can request counselling for their children.
- Our Islamic scholars provide motivational talks at assembly
- Sheikh Wael also provides very engaging motivational sessions.
Health and Physical Education (HPE) Studies
Health and Physical Education (HPE) Studies is compulsory for Year 7 to 10. The following very sensitive topics by law have to be included:
- Social changes associated with puberty/Different cultural reactions to transition of adulthood.
- Sexual identities & body image.
- Alcohol & Drugs.
The curriculum is assessed and modified where appropriate to ensure Islamic values are respected and incorporated.
We deliver content in workshop/counselling style lessons by our experienced Islamic studies teachers. Male teachers teach male students and female teachers teach female students and cover the contents throughout the year, under Islamic guidelines. We use a theme each term,and this theme is promoted and emphasised and may also be included in Jum’ah Khutbahs.